Who Can Participate?
- Community Organizations, Businesses, Industries, Families and Individuals
- Participants must be at least 12 years old.
- Participants between the ages of 12-17 must have parental permission and must have adult supervision at all times
Requirements & Agreements
The Adopter Agrees to:
- Adopt a one mile section of city or county road for a period of three (3) years
- Pick up litter along the adopted road four (4) times per year
- Obtain necessary equipment through Keep Blount Beautiful and return in a timely manner
- Assure all participants abide by all safety guidelines and sign a waiver.
- KBB must have waivers on file for all participants before clean up.
Blount County Highway Department, City of Maryville and City of Alcoa agree to:
- Identify mile sections of road which are adoptable
- Provide signs .
Blount County Sheriff's Office, City of Alcoa, City of Maryville and Town of Louisville agree to:
- Arrange for pick up of litter bags and transportation to the landfill
Keep Blount Beautiful agrees to provide:
- Trash bags, safety vests, gloves
- Traffic safety signs
- Safety video and brochure
- Litter pickers are available upon request
Main Sign 24" x 30"; 8" x 24" sign for adopter's name; two signs per each adoption, one at each end.