Keep Blount Beautiful, a non-profit Keep America Beautiful affiliate, is seeking a full-time coordinator. Flexible hours. This position is responsible for coordinating and implementing programs to improve the aesthetic and ecological environment of Blount County through litter prevention, beautification and waste reduction.
Requires excellent verbal, speaking and written communication skills. Qualified candidates should have knowledge of 501c3 administration and grant application preparation. Must have the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships.
Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration or related field and 2 to 3 years non-profit or public relations experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Salary range $28,000-$32,000 (DOE) plus benefit package. Resumes and cover letters must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 4, 2016. No phone calls please.
Functions of the Coordinator
The Coordinator’s position is an exempt, full-time position.
Responsibilities are to:
- Manage the daily operations of the Keep America Beautiful (KAB) affiliate.
- Educate elementary school age children on landfill fieldtrips and in school presentations.
- Must be able to work without supervision.
- Implement programs to fulfill mission and strategic plan goals.
- Report directly to and coordinate with the President.
- Prepare briefs, summaries, fact sheets, and other data required for program planning by the KAB affiliate.
- Represent and speak at meetings, Chamber of Commerce functions, city and county forums, and regional environmental and planning meetings.
- Prepare agendas, budget and meeting minutes with of the Board of Director officers.
- Assist committees in developing and implementing action plans.
- Serve as a contact person and operate a clearing house of information on all of the activities of the KAB affiliate.
- Train volunteers on the KAB system.
- Supervise staff and program interns.
- Prepare press releases and maintain up-to-date media contact list.
- Maintain the KBB website and social media with current and accurate information.
- Support fundraising efforts as needed.
- Prepare internal reports including a bi-monthly Coordinator’s report.
- Maintain volunteer, member, and donor records.
- Submit semi-annual and year-end reports to KAB and to Keep Tennessee Beautiful.
- Assure that the annual Litter Index is completed and reported.
- Attend 6 hours of state, and/or regional, and/or national training presented by Keep America Beautiful annually.
- Perform other job duties as required by position or Board
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to climb stairs, lift up to 40 lbs., and stand for extended periods of time.